Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bbrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't know about you but I am sure ready for spring weather. We had a little bit of a warm up in February and some of the snow even melted. I started to get a little excited about spring but it turned out that nature was just teasing us. The warm weather ended with a snow storm that dumped over a foot of snow on us and since then the temps have been below average. I feel a lot like the common merganser above, sitting waiting for the ice to melt and winter to end. Hopefully now that it is March we will start to see some changes soon.

5 comments:

Arija said...

should one knit them booties? That bird sure looks cold.

Kay L. Davies said...

What a great shot! I love it.
But, yes, I'm ready for warmer weather, even though we're having to travel a long way to find it.
Here's hoping March is a lamb all the way through.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Faythe said...

he is so handsome! I have never seen one in person.

Míriam Luiza said...

Título perfeito: momento gelado!

Irene said...

Great shot ... It's so cute ... Cold feet?