Saturday, September 27, 2008

Raptor Release

Today I will be spending the day at the Carpenter Nature Center working the Fall Raptor Release for The Raptor Center.
Our educational birds out at the nature center, so that people can get a real close look at a live raptor, plus there will be a stage which will have music and programs from The Raptor Center as well as Carpenter Nature Center
There will be two different bird releases scheduled at 11:30 and at 1:00. These are birds that have been patched up down in the clinic and then rehabilitated and are now being released back into the wild.
These are pictures from the spring release. As you can probably tell from the expressions on the peoples faces the release is a wonderful experience and something, if you are in the Twin Cities area, I would definitely recommend.
I will be answering questions about hawks and falcons, like Cinnamon who is pictured above, in the morning from 10:00 to 12:30.
In the afternoon I will be answering questions about Owls, like Samantha here, from 12:30 to 3:00. You can find more information on the event here and directions to Carpenter Nature Center here.

3 comments:

The Birdlady said...

Fly free, beautiful ones...

Shelley said...

I wished I lived near you - I would've attended! That owl made me sigh...oh how I would've loved to have seen him in person!

Leedra said...

This is great, wish I lived close to something like this.