Monday, March 24, 2008

Minnesota Valley NWR

Since the weather this weekend was not very cooperative, will winter ever end, I will have to post some more pics from the weekend before when it was at least sunny out. Here are a couple of pictures that I took at the Minnesota Valley NWR visitors center that Sunday. Since the visitors center is closed on weekends during the winter, except the first weekend of each month, I decided to walk around instead of photographing birds at the feeders. There were not a lot of birds around and nothing really special but I did get a couple of nice pics. The downy's are usually pretty cooperative.
This female cardinal was beautiful in the sunlight. She stayed there for quite a while and let me take her pic.

1 comment:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

That's a really beautiful photo of the female cardinal. I've always thought the females are prettier than the males.