Sunday, June 3, 2007

Stop the presses

We interrupt your tour of Yellowstone for this special post. This past weekend I saw and photographed my first monarch of 2007 in Minnesota. Now if you happen to be reading this some where else your are prolly thinking, "what's the big deal, it's only a monarch". The big deal is that monarch are a sign that summer is here and when you live in a place that the temperature is below freezing for a good part of the year that is a reason to celebrate. Here are the pictures.

These were not my first monarch picture of 2007. Back in February I took this picture of monarchs which had migrated to the Big Sur area of California.
I also saw quite a few eastern kingbirds.
This was my second visit to the Carpenter Nature Center and it will definitely not be my last.

No comments: